Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Peek Inside My China Cabinet

For lack of anything else to say...just thought I would post some pictures. There's not been any pretty snow this winter (definately NOT complaining!) so here are some sparkles of a different kind.
The first picture is a hand-painted teacup & saucer, given to me by a lovely, inspiring lady several years ago. She was in her late 60's and was taking a tambourine choreography class with me. It's resting on a candy dish given to me by another lovely lady in my life. She knew of my love for vintage candlewick glassware.
I got this set of candlewick glassware at the local flea market; a 12 piece set of cups, saucers, salad and dessert plates for only $140. It was the end of the day & the seller had brought it for a friend who just wanted to get rid of it. Lucky me! I don't go to the flea market very often at all and never spend much when I do go, but this was too good to pass up.
In the picture above are three lead-glass candlesticks (looks like more in the mirrored reflection). Two are clear & one is cobalt. I got them in Poland. We went there in '99 on a missions trip. Our host took us to a small glass factory & gift shop. There weren't many places to shop for gifts & souvenirs there, but this was perfect for me!
You know, I can't remember where I got this cobalt vase. But it looks great amongst the other glassware in the china cabinet. So there you have it, just a few pretties to look at on this cold February day.

No comments: