Friday, February 16, 2018

Leaving Las Vegas

This is my last posting of pix from our Christmas in Vegas trip. The scenery sure changed going west to east as winter made an appearance. These are all "drive-by" shots taken with the phone.


On the outskirts of town heading south. I think that's part of Lake Mead to the left.


I liked the silhouette of road signs.


Sun's popping up!


We stopped at the neatest gas station/mini-museum (but I don't remember the name or where it was). I didn't take my phone or camera inside coz I wasn't expecting to find anything of interest. They had a big ol' room of vintage doo-dads - nearly every object ever made between 1940-70, including cars & motorcycles. Definitely an "All-American" place, complete with Nativity scene placed next to the flagpole and bucking bronco in the background The location of the sign struck me funny.


Then we started seeing signs of winter.


 Farm in the distance.





Entering windmill land!




Not sure where this was, but it was frostier and foggier. Nature's special effects.


I'm probably posting too many of these, but I just loved seeing the windmills rising up thru the fog. It was really eerie.





There was one image I wasn't able to capture - windmills in the background, a row of cotton bales, each covered in a different colored plastic, foggy and heavy frost on the ground. Wish we could've pulled off the road. That one was worth a real camera shot!


Last one. We're about an hour away from home when I took this one.


Got to spend Christmas with my kiddos, take a road trip, see some beautiful sights, and spend a bunch of time with my best guy. This was one of my favorite road trips!

No comments: