Sunday, June 24, 2018

My Arkansas Travelogue - part 1

I've been promising for weeks now to post some pictures from our weekend trip to Arkansas. This first batch will probably be boring as it's all garden shots.


We stopped on a whim at the botanical garden in Fayetteville. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice it is.



There are whimsical sculptures everywhere.



These chairs are concrete with a glass mosaic worked in the back. Some kind of moss made for a seat cushion.



In case you can't tell what it is, this arch is made of various garden tools.



A little area of fairy houses.







There are lots of bridges, nooks & crannies to explore. I think even kids would enjoy this place. The train is concrete.


We didn't venture to this building. It was a pretty warm day and getting warmer! I would suggest visiting at the peak of spring, when there's lots of flowers blooming, but aim for cool temps.



You'll see lots of colorful birds in a quiet & peaceful setting in this particular area where there are several feeders and benches for the humans.


There's a butterfly garden/house. We worked up a sweat trying to photograph the butterflies. Then all at once, every one of them stopped in place. Do they have some kind of buzzer only they can hear that tells them it's break time - like some kind of butterfly union? It was weird!







Our favorite stop. Twin swings! I would love this in my backyard.



I couldn't decide which one to post...


I want to say this was called the Asian garden, but now I don't remember. That's a big insect sculpture to the right, below.


A grass hut in the tropical section.







This would be a nice stop on any day trip from the Tulsa area or NW Arkansas. Check it out!

No comments: