Saturday, March 6, 2021

What 5000 Souls Looks Like

Yesterday was Friday and traffic was the usual "let's get the weekend party started!" When I exited off the highway and saw the line to turn left at the traffic light, I knew I would be sitting through at least 3 red lights before it was my turn. So I cheated and went straight to take a shortcut. It's a small church on the corner, whose property sits a bit below street level. As I turned in, I saw this scene and at first thought it was a planning plot for a community garden.

You can't see this from the street. Continuing down the driveway, I realized those were crosses. Then I saw the sign:

I went back this morning to take some pictures. It was a rather sobering moment, realizing that each cross represented a human life and a grieving family. And there were so many of them.


I thought I'd read somewhere that there were 5,000 crosses here. A recent story says Oklahoma has lost 7,100 people. Another story said the artist will keep adding crosses until March 18, which marks one full year since the first covid death in the state. 


A year ago my friends and I were asking each other, "do you know anyone who's had "it"? I don't." We were skeptical and wondered if it even existed. There was a time it was only happening on the coasts. We maybe felt a little untouchable. Things have sure changed in 12 months. Now we know dozens of friends, church members, and friends of friends who have endured the nose swabs, the negative results, the positive results, and such a wide variety of symptoms and recovery stories. Nobody will ever convince me this virus was not man-made in the Wuhan lab. Whether it was for medical research or an experiment in bio-weaponry; whether it was released intentionally or by a careless accident, at some point it became politically and economically weaponized as it unleashed it's evil sickness on the global population.


I know 4 people who are represented here. They had other health issues, but not something of immediate
danger. They would still be alive if they had not contracted the CHINA virus.


The morning dew sheds a tear.







 

No comments: