Saturday, January 12, 2008

The "Highly Overrated" List - My Top Five

sculpture outside the Kansas City Art Museum






































What prompted this particular list-rant? We went to see The Bucket List today. I'm sure hundreds of people will be compiling their own Bucket List after seeing the movie. Heck, I may do one myself and post it later. But I left remembering how I've always thought Jack Nicholson is highly overrated. I've never been a fan but I have to give him credit for this - he created professional celebrityism long before Paris Hilton. The man devised and projected a persona of ultimate cool and everyone bought it! Perception is everything.
So Jack is first on my list. Next up:
2. Caviar. Caviar is high priced fish eggs. Need I say more?
3. Oklahoma Lakes. No offense to the homies, but...
4. Being a Kid. I much prefer calling the shots in my own life. Being a kid is highly overrated.
5. Designer Labels. People, think about this: someone you've never met puts their name or initials on a purse or the seat of a pair of jeans. They charge an outrageous price and get free advertising, too. They should be paying you!

By the way, two words about The Bucket List. Rent it.

No comments: