Sunday, July 19, 2009

Confessions of a Scrap Collector

I love little scrapbooking trinkets, papers, and doodads. Every few months the local scrapbook store has a fabulous garage sale. A group of friends & I have made an event of it. Get up early to get a good spot in line, plunder & pillage, then go to lunch and compare our loot. Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow, nor ice deters us. We've stood in line through it all.

Over the last couple years, I've built up a great stash of stamps, embellishments, tools and even magazines. But now I confess: I don't do scrapbooks! (I mentioned this once and a horrified hush fell over the line of chattering ladies.) I think I just love the buying of these cute items at dirt cheap prices. The papers are so pretty; the brads, buttons, stamps, so nifty. Fifty cents here; a dollar there. Friends, you can fill up a bag of wondrous Creative Possibilities for under $20!!

I get together with the aforementioned pirates and we make cards for our Sunday School class and for the Blue Star Moms. I do occasionally make cards on my own and of course I intend to make lots & lots of cards and have them on hand ready for any and every occasion. :) I've also done a few ATC's (Artists Trading Cards). I really like those. They're like mini works of art. See? my collecting is not for nought.

So yesterday was the quarterly pillage party and guess what COOL thing I found??
 
A tin of assorted chipboard crowns! (If you know me, you know I love crowns.) For a whopping 50 cents! Heck, the little tin was worth that.
 
I already had this paper, so I'm going to make a card for the ladies in my group & enclose a crown that she can embellish for herself. This is one little treasure I must share with my fellow scrap-queens. I firmly believe every woman is an empress at heart!

No comments: