Sunday, September 6, 2009

Nature: Some Beautiful Ugly

So what does one do while waiting for her husband to pick her up? Look around for something interesting & snap a picture, of course! These plants are just outside our office door. This one is all pretty in pink. So far so good.

I didn't know what this was until I got up close to it. I've never seen tiny fungus clusters like this before.

And saving the best for last...I went to take a close up of this bud and saw something on the leaves. I thought it was a grasshopper & was afraid it would leap out at me, so I didn't get too close. Later, looking closer at the picture, I saw that's not a grasshopper - there are 3, um, things, insects of some kind having a clandestine meeting. They're creepy & alien looking. Ewwww.

The next day we had a big ol' thunderstorm; both the bud and the aliens were all gone.

No comments: