Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Adventures in Azaleas

So, we're on 'vacation' this week. Not the kind where you travel someplace new & exotic. This is the stay-at-home/catch-up-on-stuff kind of vacation. We did take a break yesterday to sleep late, go out for breakfast and venture out of town. Even though it was only a 45 minute drive, it was still out of town! Ya just need that sometimes to clear your head and get some perspective.This particular photo excursion was to the Azalea Festival. AJ took these four pictures. I'm so proud of him! He's actually quite good. The white one is my favorite. Technically, it's probably darker than it should be, but I love it as is. The composition, contrast of green & white, the soft focus...so pretty, so bridal. It looks great as my computer wallpaper. The azaleas weren't at peak bloomage yet. The park didn't seem as lush as I remember, so I had to look purposefully for interesting (well, to me) things to photograph. The sprinklers were all running & I thought the mists and water droplets created interesting effects.
So there you have, my series entitled: Sprinklers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the first picture of this post