Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Whimsical White Tree

I've wanted a white Christmas tree since I was a child. My aunt & uncle loved to do theme trees and often they were white flocked and accented with ornaments all the same color. This is the year! Flocked trees are rather expensive but WalterMart had a cheapie version that will do quite nicely. My theme? The crazy colorful ornaments I've been gathering the last couple of years! From top to bottom, here's a look at our 2010 Christmas tree: Touches of wild color. Not overpopulated. Love these happy reindeer. Crazy chicken! The newest member of the Whimsy Family is on the right.
The completed tree. This is a HUGE departure from my elegant trees of yesteryear, dripping in purple, gold, clear glass and drenched in pearl strands and white lights. But it's so light-hearted and fun! It makes me smile every time I see it. What better centerpiece for the table than this silly guy standing in the middle of a wreath?
December 1 is tomorrow. Here we go!

1 comment:

"Create Beauty" said...

Hi there!!!! Love the white tree! and your other post about the vintagements.... Oh, and your bottle brush tree adornments and the diamond dust etc!!!! Now I'm wondering, do I have any diamond dust? Hmmmm, I have a lot of glitter so must go see if that jar of stuff from "M's" is called that.

There is just way too much inspiration flying around out there! It keeps landing on me too.

Hows that Afghan Hound of yours doing???? I think it's almost time for mine to make a blog appearance again.... now, if I can get them to pose in the Santa hats.....

Happy December!

~Violet