Friday, August 9, 2013

Work in Progress

I thought I'd give you an update on the angel I'm making for my sister!

She's almost finished. Just the wings left to do. That will be a fun project as they are embellished very heavily.

This doll was made from a compilation of patterns and inspirations.

The body is made from a pattern in one of Patti Culea's books. The arms & hands are from the recent Arley Berryhill "Siren" mermaid class I took. Her coiffure is also inspired from the mermaid doll. Her outfit is a free-form design from fabric scraps I had on hand. Sherry Goshon encouraged us to let go of our strict seamstress upbringings in the workshop I took last year. Her panties are from one of Barbara Schoenoff's patterns. The wings will be constructed from the online tutorial by Jean Bernard that I used on my Blue Fairy doll.

Now on to the uber-embellished wings!

No comments: