Sunday, August 9, 2020

Trying to Get Back in the Saddle

Earlier this evening, I was rummaging through my blog. I confess (without sounding conceited I hope), that I enjoyed reading some long-ago posts.  I'm really glad I wrote them because it's like looking through an old photo album or journal. A reminder of good times and some thoughtful introspection on coming through difficult times.

I want to write something new, but I'm coming up blank. Can't imagine why. We're over half-way through this year and it's been pretty interesting, to say the least.

Last year, I heard there was a huge field of wild horses not far from here. I ventured out one evening to see if I could spot them and get a cool picture. These are the photos that I never got around to posting. 

I noticed back in the spring, when we realized the pandemic wasn't going away anytime soon, I kinda lost some mojo for anything creative. I haven't been out with the camera at all this summer except for some real estate jobs. I did manage to make a small art doll and start two more. But my physical & creative energy has kinda suffered from all the global drama. 

Blogger has changed and I can't see how to delete photos or move them around yet. I would put the above one last in this post.  

I must be getting old - I don't like things changing all.the.time.  Not a helpful attitude to have in 2020!

So I need to motivate myself. Make a plan. I could venture out early next weekend and try getting some better shots of the horses. I also saw a pasture full of Shetland ponies not far south of here. 

Well, that was my weak attempt to get back to blogging. It can only get better from here, right?!

No comments: