Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tea For Three

I promise, this will be my last "Tea" post for awhile. I wanted to talk a bit about this particular tea set. It's my very favorite. It's beautiful, practical, and well made. And it's very special, because it was a birthday gift from my husband and son.

The set includes a teapot, sugar, creamer, and three cups/saucers. Three. Not two. Not four. Three. Have you ever heard of Tea for Three? Maybe it goes like this (feel free to hum along)

tea for three
and three for tea
tea for you,
and me and thee...
Anyway, I digress. When I opened the box, I wondered, why only 3 cups & saucers? and was just ever so slightly disappointed. But his thought was: a cup for me, one for him, and one for son. Why would we need any more? Ah, male logic. Gotta love 'em.

My plan was to add a cup/saucer one set at a time. I think they were $12 or $17 a set. Probably another reason there were only three! But time passed. I would forget about it until I went to use it, then think "oh yes, must stop by that shop next pay and get a cup/saucer set!" And more time would pass. Finally, when I did stop by the shop, the lady was gone. I was Punished by Procrastination once again. Will I ever learn?

Pollyanna Ending: I'm glad I don't have a matching set of 4, 6, or 8 cups. Three is perfect. It represents my family. Just us three. The husband & son who gave me this set because they love me are the most important people in my life. I love them so much.
Tea for Three has a very nice ring to it, don't you think?

No comments: