Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Gift of Winter

I have to remind myself today that winter, especially January, is a gift. It's the In-Between. The Deep Rooting. What do I mean? Without the distractions of holidays or outdoor activities, January is a great time to rest and re-charge. Read a frivolous novel. Daydream a spring project. Make plans. Journal. Take a class. Do your crafts. Cook comforting foods. Enjoy magazines and movies. Cuddle under piles of quilts. Savor hot teas and special coffees. Just give yourself time to ... well, just give yourself time. Guilt-free!
"Open up the gift of your minds
and free your talents
from the inevitable,
but temporary,
period of dormancy,
for your Spring is coming."

Thank you, Anita, for this bit of inspiration on a cold, January morning!


To anyone reading this who needs a touch of color and creative inspiration in their lives today, visit Anita's blog Castles, Crowns, and Cottages. She has links to many other beautiful blogs, too.

1 comment:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OMG I just happened to see as I was in my edit page that you visited my old post! THANK YOU FOR MENTIONING ME!!!!! HOW LOVELY! Oh, do come back for my new post and you are so kind! YES, YOUR spring is coming....just grab it while you can!!! How very sweet of you. Enjoy your day and the winter that we are all so fortunate to have....Anita