Saturday, October 19, 2019

Anniversary Vacation - pt 5 - Balloon Fiesta Evening Glow 10.12.19

The Saturday night Evening Glow was the last event we attended at the 2019 Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta.






Again, it was thrilling to be on the grounds, amongst this magical, colorful landscape of traditional balloons.





It's still pretty light out...


Here you can see the crowd, but it wasn't bad because everyone was having so much fun.







Starting to get darker and the warm glow is really beginning to dazzle.



Almost looks like a UFO hovering over the mountains!


 And the cherry on top of this lovely evening - a full moon!


The balloons would light up randomly and then, on signal, they would all light up.


And I would go nuts, trying to get a shot of them all! Just turning & exclaiming, "oh my gosh! oh my gosh!" while clicking away.





On this evening 45 years ago, we were celebrating with family & friends at our wedding reception. I would've never imagined what life had in store and that I would be viewing this sight in 2019. I couldn't envision anything beyond the wedding we had spent months planning. What a ride it's been!



I'm so glad we got to experience this. I can't think of a better way to celebrate 45 years of a great marriage than the magic of this night!


Scroll down or click on "Older Posts" to view part 6 of this week, a day trip to Santa Fe.

No comments: