Sunday, July 17, 2022

The Cincinnati Chronicles - volume 1

I haven't blogged in such a long time! I've wanted to, but I kind of overwhelm myself trying to choose pictures to post. And then I think I have nothing to say. Well, I just returned from a short trip to Cincinnati. I posted a few images to Instagram, but honestly, IG doesn't really do pictures justice. All that to say, I'm baaack!

I call this one, "Not the Upside Down" for all the "Stranger Things" fans out there! This picture cost me $12, by the way. I wanted to get some unencumbered bridge shots and the closest parking we found was at the riverwalk. And wouldn't you know it, a storm quickly thundered up and we had to hightail it back to the car after only 10-15 minutes. We just made it, too, seconds before it down poured! 

Cincinnati is home to The Reds (baseball) and Bengals (who, in case you don't know, went to the Super Bowl this year!)


This view is from the Eden Park Overlook near Mt. Adams. Beautiful park and Mt Adams is a charming, quaint community. One of several in Cinci. We rode that river boat earlier in the day. More on that later.


I liked the composition of all the red brick buildings. The city has some incredible architecture, a mix of old & historic and new & modern. 


This is the tallest building, Great American Tower at Queen City Square. It was completed in 2011 and is 41 stories, topped by its signature tiara.


Next up - my city grunge collection.

No comments: