Sunday, July 17, 2022

There and Back Again - View From the Road

The first stop on any road trip is the McDonalds over I-44. It's a huge building that arches over the highway and gives you a great view. In addition to McD's there's a gas station, gift shop, restrooms, and some Will Rogers history.


All of these pictures were taken with my phone. It's the best equipment for quick-on-the-go photography, coz in a moving car speeding along at 60-75 mph, there's no time for camera adjustments!


We took an easy scenic route going east. I loved it. Same speed but hardly any traffic and no semis! It was 2 hours longer but worth it. 



Bridges! Can't beat the old bridges of the east-midwest for photographic texture.






We're a very blessed nation. Please don't let .... well, I won't get political here. But I could! Grrrr.


We were just driving along, not much of interest to see and BAM! there was the Cincinnati skyline! I was so glad I had camera phone at the ready or I would've totally missed this shot.


Meanwhile, back home, our girls seemed to be enjoying their time at the boarding kennel.

It was a short trip but we spent time with loved ones, saw a few sights, and had an enjoyable road trip. We got up early and were on the road at 5am. Goodbye, Cincinnati!


Going home we took the faster route and drove straight through (we stopped overnight going over). Oh, Interstate 70, how many times have we traversed your concrete this past 40 years?!


I bet I have 100 pictures of the St Louis Arch, but still, one cannot go past it without taking one more.


The Mighty Mississippi.


On our last trip to Branson, we discovered the Joplin 44 rest stop. They have the best Caribou lattes!




Joplin 44 is huge. There's an actual semi inside, all jazzed up. Truckers can buy equipment. There's gift shops with really cute stuff, not the usual truck-stop junk. A food court, clean bathrooms, snacks, and the aforementioned Caribou coffee shop.


As I've said before, I believe art is everywhere, in everything! Even semis!


Back home, safe & sound. Until next time!

No comments: