Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hey Jude

"...clouds without water, carried along by winds..."Jude 1:12We've been seeing alot of these lately. Unfruitful clouds. Some have been quite impressive. Beautiful, even majestic. But unproductive, nonetheless. Everytime I see one, I think of that sentence in the scriptures. Interesting book, the book of Jude. It's only one chapter and, forgive me, I don't mean to be irreverent - but I always kinda smile when I read it because it sounds like a rant. And I always wonder what set Jude off? I understand the context of the epistle but you know that Something was the Last Straw. Jude had been concerned about some things, maybe just downright stewing, and finally somebody said the wrong thing and he went off.
Interesting also that the book of Jude, with his warnings and exhortations, immediately preceeds the Book of Revelation. Like a final warning. Jude. Twenty-five verses. Well worth pondering.

No comments: