Saturday, October 19, 2013

View From the Train

We're still only on Day 2! After browsing the shops of Blue Ridge and having that great down home lunch, we boarded the train and took a leisurely ride through the countryside.
 

The road leads to a farm where two elderly sisters live; their family has lived here for generations.

 
The picture above is actually quite an interesting feature. It's an Indian fish trap. Our guide explained that a long time ago, the people stacked rocks in a V-shape to direct the water flow which trapped the fish, then they could easily spear or net them.


The innertube in the tree made me laugh. Though it looks like someone really got hung up, it's advertising a river float place.


Just some other views from the train.





I love these little train excursions. They're so pleasant and relaxing. I hate to sound like my mother, but the older I get, the more life at a slower pace becomes appealing!

No comments: