Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Photography Class Level 1

Yes, you read that right. I'm taking a photography class. Finally. I had said before I didn't want to "learn the fun out of it" but now I'm ready. I've been blessed with this great toy & I want to learn how to use it as well as I possibly can.

So, first class homework assignment: getting good exposure metering in manual mode. We were supposed to go outside last weekend since the forecast was for sunny sky. My weekend was so jam-packed, I didn't get to it. And ... just like high school ... it was due this evening and I did it on my lunch hour today. "Some things change. Some things never do."

I'll put the instructor's comments after each picture. And not wait til the last minute to do the next assignment (which is on setting aperature & depth of field).

Love the focus on the handle, some shallow depth of field. Great composition.

Good exposure. Love the black metal against the lighter wood.

Really good exposure; the wicker just glows in the sun.

Really interesting picture; makes you wonder what that is. Love the pebbles & texture.

See how you can find interesting things to photograph in your own backyard? Nice lighting in this picture.

Looks like this was moving a little bit; you can see slight blurring along the star.

Good exposure. Love the way this chair curves around. Really nice composition in these pictures. A very nice, very good set of photographs.

Ok - so far, so good!




No comments: