Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Night MindStreaming

What a week! I thought of calling this post "Making The Best of It" or "More Snow Pictures" Maybe you're tired of snow pictures.
Everyone is doing them right now. But wouldn't you rather see these than somebody's tropical vacation pix??
This is what I see outside my office window. I like the shadowy lines of the
window blinds with the fence lines in the background.

We got more snow today. So what, you say? Everyone is getting snow; be glad you're not in Chicago. Why, yes I am glad I'm not in Chicago. I could've been. It was one of those life changing decisions made in 1982. We were offered a choice between moving to Chicago or Tulsa. It was during a winter just like this one in the Great White North. Here it was in the upper 60s. Well, that was a no-brainer! It seems the playing field has leveled out somewhat. That decision might be a little harder today.

Today's snow was much prettier. Big, fat, fluffy flakes. Tonight the ground looks like it's covered in diamond dust. And the night sky has a fairy tale glow to it.
I love how quiet it is outside. It's one of my favorite things about a heavy snow.


The week was sure exciting if you like that kind of excitement. I used to! What used to be a fun break from routine made me anxious this week for some reason. At work, a water pipe burst, drowning some rooms and a hallway where new carpet had just been laid. My dear AJ pitched in to help clean it up. His Harley boots got wet when he sloshed some water the wrong direction.

Drying out the biker boots.



We've been warned since the impending of Y2K to keep a good stock of supplies in the house. Most of us don't do that but this week made me see the wisdom of it. The sight of empty shelves was a little unnerving. The storm was widespread and the shelves haven't been restocked yet. Kind of gives you a glimpse of what could happen in a national emergency.
Anarchy WM style: define your own parking space
& leave the cart wherever you feel like.


BUT our house is warm, our cupboards full, our family healthy, we have jobs, we have friends, and much, much more. I am grateful.



The situation in Egypt, crazy weather, crazy economy, crazy world & national leaders, waiting for the fulfillment of long-awaited promises, concerns for loved ones, my mom's passing, my dad ... the list of worries could so easily overcome the gratitude. I have to be intentional about reminding myself of the many promises in the Bible; which can all be summed up in 3 words: God is faithful.
A collection of cobalt glass sits in the windows of a co-worker's office.

A reminder of color to come; warm days, green trees, promises fulfilled.

"As long as the earth endures,

seedtime and harvest,

cold and heat,

summer and winter,

day and night,

will never cease."

Genesis 8:22

No comments: