Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Ohio Chronicles: Chapter Eight

Then & Now

Last fall, I posted some pictures of my old high school as it was being torn down. (See Sept 22, '07 "A Look Back at High School)

I stopped by to see how it looks a year later.
It's as if it never existed. Hardly a trace of the old alma mater.

Except for this. I wonder why it was left? It's like a tombstone.
Maybe more like a memorial; because the place isn't dead. On the contrary, it's more alive than ever. Here's the new school in a new location. It's one of the most high-tech public schools in the area.
The weekend I was there was Alumni Weekend. Several events were planned, including a tour of the new building, but I didn't go. I've only been to one class reunion, when Joe was the keynote speaker. It was too surreal. Don't know if I ever want to go again. It's weird to see people 25 years later when they're frozen in your memory at age 18.

More "Then & Now" to come. Stay tuned.

No comments: