Friday, July 4, 2008

The Ohio Chronicles: Chapter Four

First of all, Happy Birthday America!
This was my first attempt to capture fireworks with my camera. It has a fireworks setting, but I didn't really know what I was doing. Still it was fun to play with it.
Now, back to my Ohio adventures. As I've said before, I'm not a morning person. I do like to stay up late but, really, I'm a minor league night bird. My mom & sister now, they're major league players. I can't keep up with them. After a week with them, I do nothing but sleep a few days when I get home. The first night I was there, my sis tip-toed in my room at 3:30 a.m. and asked to borrow my camera. "mm hmm, sure...why?" She said a house was on fire just up the hill from her house. I thought that sounded somewhat interesting and maybe I should go look,too; but for the life of me I could not move. Her husband is captain of the volunteer fire department and she is a volunteer firefighter/EMT herself. She didn't go on this call, but got some interesting pix from her back porch.The next morning, I wondered if I had dreamt that conversation. But here's the evidence. No one was hurt & damage wasn't too bad. They think it was an electrical fire that started in the basement.

No comments: